How Many Calories in Filet Mignon

Filet mignon is a steak that has been cut off from beef. Filet mignon is one of the most loved parts of beef and is relished by many people and beef lovers. This piece of beef is used in several recipes or can be cooked and eaten without any side serving. Do you know how many calories are there in filet mignon? If not and you are interested in finding this out then please read the following given information which would also help you know other interesting details about filet mignon:

Calories in Filet Mignon


Omaha steaks is easily one of the most well known companies which is popular for selling meat, beef, steaks and filet mignon.  4 oz of filet mignon which is sold by Omaha steaks contains 280 calories in total.  31% of these 280 calories are present in filet mignon due to the presence of total fat, 40% of the calories come from saturated fat, and 25% of the calories are there as a result of cholesterol content whereas 2% come from sodium. On the scale of nutrition, filet mignon prepared by Omaha Steaks gets a D grade. The fact that this filet mignon has very low amount of sodium works in its favour but high quantity of saturated fat as well as that of cholesterol is the two negatives associated with Omaha Steaks filet mignon.

Everyone knows that Freshdirect is a popular company which sells a variety of food items. This company also sells filet mignon. 3 oz of cooked filet mignon produced by this company contains 180 calories out of which 12% come from total fat, 15% come from saturated fat, 27% come from cholesterol and 3% come from sodium content. C- is the nutrition grade given to this filet mignon variant. Low sodium is the good point whereas high cholesterol content is a negative point about it.