Holiday season is one time when we tend to eat all sought of unhealthy things and disrupts our healthy eating habits. During the holiday time, everyone wants to have fun and what is fun without snacks, fizzy drinks, abrupt eating timings and fast foods. People tend to over indulge themselves and cannot resist the lovely food surrounding them. But after the holiday season ends, we realize that we have accumulated the unwanted calories and become unhealthy. There is definitely a solution to this problem and that solution lies in the following given part of the article:
The 5 effective ways to eat healthy during holidays
- The first and foremost way to avoid eating unhealthy food items and indulge in a healthy diet is to never skip meals and go to parties on an empty stomach. This will make you crave for the yummy yet unhealthy food items at the parties and result in gaining the extra kilos. What you must do is to have a light and healthy snack before going to the party. You can try eating fresh fruits, low fat yogurt or whole grain cereal.
- If on the other hand, you are the one hosting the party, then try and include healthy items in the list of the party menu. Choose those items which have more dietary fiber and less fat content.
- The third way to eat healthy during festivities is to be mindful of what you eat and in what amounts you eat. Try and select more vegetables than fast food items and take smaller portions of meals. The fourth way and one of the most effective is to avoid drinking sugary or fizzy drinks as they are high on calories. Try and avoid alcohol as much as possible. Rather go for water and drinks like fresh lime etc.
- Try and eat as many nuts as you can get your hands on. They are healthy and also fill up your stomach more swiftly than you can imagine. Infact nuts also provide you with the energy you need for the day.
- The important thing you must keep in mind during the holiday season is that worrying too much about gaining weight won’t help. Just relax and take one single step at a time. Make sure that you never skip meals and include as many fruits as you possibly can. Reduce the intake of foods high on sugar, fat and sodium content.