Lemongrass is popular because of its low saturated fat content and high iron and potassium content. There are a number of lemongrass preparations that one may opt for and the number of calories and micronutrients in each of these lemon grass preparations is different. You may even consume it raw.
One cup of raw lemon grass weighing around 67 grams contains a total of 66 calories out of which only 3 calories are obtained from fat. The total fat content in an equal quantity of raw lemon grass is 0.3 grams consisting of 0.1 gram each of saturated fat content and polyunsaturated fat content, The total sodium content in it is 4 mg, carbohydrate content is 17 grams and protein content in it is 1.2 grams. It is also a good source of iron and contains certain other vitamins and calcium.
You may also consume lemongrass soda. One bottle of lemongrass dry soda weighing around 355 ml contains a total of 50 calories and all these calories are obtained from carbohydrates. The total fat content in it is 14 grams and the fat and protein content in it is nil.
Lemongrass Sauce is also a popular lemongrass preparation; it is used to enhance the taste of various food items. One tablespoon of Lemongrass Sauce manufactured by Lee Kum Kee weighing around 19 grams contains a total of 30 calories. Out of these 30 calories 84% of the calories come from carbohydrates and the remaining 16% calories are obtained from fat. None of the calories in it are obtained from proteins. The total fat content in an equal serving of lemongrass sauce is 0.5 gram, carbohydrate content in it is 6 grams and sodium content is 600 mg.
Consuming each serving of Thai lemongrass soup means taking in 256 calories; out of which 50% of the calories come from proteins, 29% calories come from fat and 22% calories from carbohydrates.