The calorie content in tomato paste prepared at home and the commercially prepared tomato pastes may vary to some extent. The number of calories in commercially prepared tomato paste is likely to be higher than the one made at home.
One cup of homemade tomato pate contains a total of 215 calories. Out of which 78% calories are obtained from carbohydrates, 18% calories come from proteins and 4% calories come from fat. The total fat content in an equal quantity of similarly prepared tomato paste is 1.23 grams consisting of 0.262 gram saturated fat content, 0.419 gram polyunsaturated fat content and 0.176 gram monounsaturated fat content.
The total sodium content in it is 257 mg, potassium content in it is 2657 mg, total carbohydrate content in it is 49.54 grams, dietary fiber content is 11.8 grams, sugar content is 27.27 grams and protein content in it is 11.32 grams. Tomato paste is an extremely rich source of vitamin C and contains a good amount of iron content.
One oz of homemade tomato paste contains a total of 23 calories. The total fat content in it is 0.13 gram, total carbohydrate content in it is 5.36 grams and protein content is 1.22 grams.
Trader Joe’s Organic Tomato paste is quite popular. Two tablespoons of Trader Joe’s organic tomato paste weighing around 33 grams contains 30 calories out of which 86% of the calories come from carbohydrates and the remaining 14% calories come from proteins. The total carbohydrate content in it is 6 grams, protein content in it is 1 grams and sodium content is 30 mg.
Great Value tomato paste is also quite popular. Two tablespoons of Great Value Tomato Paste weighing around 33 grams contains a total of 35 calories out of which 75% of the calories come from carbohydrates and the remaining 25% calories come from proteins.