How Many Calories in Gala Apple

Gala apple is available from different brands and the number of calories in each of these is almost the same with most of these calories coming from carbohydrates.

One medium sized gala apple of 2-3/4 inches diameter contains a total of 71 calories of which 96% of the calories come from carbohydrates, 3% come from fat and the remaining 1% from proteins. The total fat content in an equal sized gala apple is 0.24 gram consisting of 0.039 gram of saturated fat content, 0.07 gram of polyunsaturated fat content and 0.01 gram of monounsaturated fat content. The total sodium content in it is 1 mg, potassium content is 148 mg, carbohydrate content is 19.06 grams, dietary fiber content is 3.3 grams, sugar content is 14.34 grams and protein content in it is 0.36 grams. It also contains vitamin C content, vitamin A, iron, calcium and various other essential vitamins and minerals.


One ring of gala apple contains a total of 7 calories, one slice contains 9 calories, one oz contains 13 calories, 100 grams contains 52 calories, one cup sliced gala apple contains 57 calories.

A medium sized apple available from Wal-Mart weighing around 154 grams contains a total of 80 calories. All the 80 calories present in this are obtained from carbohydrates. The total carbohydrate content in it is 22 grams, dietary fiber content in it is 5 grams and sugar content is 17 grams. It contains a good amount of vitamin C content and some amount of certain other essential minerals and vitamins.

A medium sized apple available at Publix also contains 80 calories. It also contains 1 gram of fat content, 165 mg of potassium and 21 grams of carbohydrate content. Out of these 80 calories 90% of the calories come from carbohydrates and the remaining 10% come from fat.