How Many Calories in Flounder

There are a number of ways in which you can cook flounder. You may bake it, boil it, steam or even fry it. The number of calories in each of these preparations of flounder is different.

One cup of fried battered flounder contains a total of 279 calories. Out of these 279 calories 52% calories come from fat, 35% calories are obtained from proteins and 13% calories come from carbohydrates. The total fat content in an equal serving of fried battered flounder is 15.8 grams consisting of 3.2 grams of saturated fat content, 5 grams of polyunsaturated fat content and 6.4 grams of monounsaturated fat content. An equal serving of similarly prepared Flounder contains a total of 9.1 grams of carbohydrates, 24 grams of proteins and 77.9 mg of cholesterol content.

Flounder Calories

The calorie content in baked flounder is comparatively lesser than its fried form. Consuming 1 fillet of baked flounder means taking in a total of 173 calories out of which 69% calories come from proteins, 30% come from fat and a mere 1% is obtained from carbohydrates. The total fat content in an equal serving of similarly cooked flounder is 5.51 grams, carbohydrate content in it is 0.53 grams and total protein content in it is 28.6 grams, sodium content in it is 542 mg, potassium content is 555 mg and cholesterol content in it is 73 mg.

One oz of baked boneless flounder contains a total of 38 calories. In this form also 69% of the total calories are obtained from proteins, 30% calories come from fat and 1% comes from carbohydrates.

Flounder is also well liked in its steamed or poached form. This form of flounder is considered quite healthy and also tastes delicious. A 3 oz serving of steamed or poached boneless flounder contains a total of 79 calories out of which as many as 88% calories come from proteins and the remaining 12 % are obtained from fats.