Dark Sweet Cherries are preferred in their raw form. Juiced form of dark sweet cherries is also quite popular. The number of calories in both these forms of dark sweet cherries differs. The calorie content in dark sweet cherries also differs based on their serving size.
Various brands offer packed raw dark sweet cherries. The calorie content in dark sweet cherries may also vary based on the brand you choose.
One cup serving of dark sweet cherries available at Dole, Food Club as well as Domex Superfresh Growers contains a total of 90 calories. Out of these 90 calories as many as 96% of the calories are obtained from carbohydrates and the remaining 4% calories come from proteins. None of the calories in dark sweet cherries is obtained from fat. The total carbohydrate content in one cup of raw dark sweet cherries is 22 grams, dietary fiber content is 3 grams, sugar content is 18 grams and the protein content in it is 1 gram. Dark sweet cherries also contain a number of other micronutrients; some of which are very good for health.
Dark sweet cherries available at Albertson are also quite popular. A three fourth cup serving of Albertsons dark sweet cherries contains 110 calories. In these dark sweet cherries also around 96% of the calories are obtained from carbohydrates, 4% from proteins and none from fat. The total carbohydrate content in an equal quantity of dark sweet cherries available from Albertson is 25 grams, dietary fiber content in it is 2 grams, sugar content is 21 grams and protein content is 1 gram. It also contains some amount of vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, calcium and certain other essential vitamins and minerals.
A one third cup serving of Trader Joe’s dark sweet cherries contains 120 calories out of which 89% of the calories come from carbohydrates ad the remaining 11% calories are obtained from fat.