One of the great attractions of fancy restaurants for many people is the amazing sauces that are served thee. People generally believe that it is difficult to recreate such sauces at home. However, that is not completely true. Here are a few tips regarding the cooking of the sauces, which will help you make some tasty sauces at home.
How to Make Great Sauces at Home- a Few Secrets
Be it a smooth cream sauce or the rich brown sauce that are served in the restaurants, the sauces are loved by all. But can you make them at home? Yes you can. Here are some tips that will help you in making restaurant like sauces.
- First and foremost, use the same ingredients that professional chefs use. Most of the time these will be available in good departmental store. For some specific ones, you might need to venture to specialized shops.
- A lot of chef use stock or stock reduction in their sauces. You too can make chicken or other stock according to your need. Also, at present many departmental stores sell packaged stocks. Therefore you can buy them too, but be careful and check the ingredients listed there before you buy them.
- There are good quality stock reductions or demi glaces too which are easily available in the market. These are important for making a professional quality sauce. They can also be made at home, but the process can be tricky and time consuming. However, if you master the art of making demi glaces, it will be worth the effort. Also you can buy this and other ingredients online as well. There are lots of products made for the home cooks these days, which do not compromise in either taste or quality.
- While making a sauce, remember, proportions are indeed important. A little much or too less of a specific ingredient can ruin a sauce. Therefore, while you are following a recipe, and using the right ingredients, do not ignore the proportions that are advised.
- Last but not the least, remember, practice makes one perfect. Even if your first attempts at making sauce do not turn out as good as they should, do not lose hope and keep trying. Also, at times, do not hesitate to experiment a bit in making sauces. That part, if turns out well, can be your own secret tip.
Thus the above given tips will surely help you to make tasty sauces at home.