Weight management and healthy weight loss are hugely dependent upon the number of calories we consume and the number of calories we burn. Thus if a person wants to lose weight in a healthy manner, there is nothing better than being aware of the calories he/she consumes per day and keeping check of the calorie content of the commonly eaten food items.
It is important to keep a balance between all the important nutrients that the body needs. To lose weight, we cannot afford to cut down on any of the nutrients and must rather focus on which nutrient to consume in what amount. The following given points shall be useful for you to further understand the relationship between calories and healthy weight loss:
- In order to lose weight in a sensible way, you must keep in mind that it is not advisable for anyone to lose more than 0.5 kg-1 kg in a week. This means that a person should consume 500 to 1000 fewer calories in a day which will lead to the deficit of energy by 3500kcal to 7000 kcal in a week’s time.
- In order to lose weight in a healthy way by reducing the calorie content, one must try and avoid high fat foods and replace them with low fat items such as fruits, vegetables, low fat dairy products and unrefined carbohydrates.
- Another point to keep in mind is that you must not consume large portions of foods so as to avoid accumulation of calories.
- In order to burn the calories we consume, we must engage in some or the other physical activity. Therefore to lose weight, a person must engage himself in physical exercises such as walking, running, swimming, playing an outdoor sport or taking stairs instead of the elevator.
- Any person who wants a healthy weight loss must consume a protein rich diet such as meat, fish, eggs, beans, lentils etc. in fact other nutrients which should be made a part of the diet are iron, selenium, zinc and vitamin B.
- If you love eating chicken, lamb, pork and beef etc, then in order to reduce the calorie intake, remove the skin or the obvious bits. In fact lean sources of protein can also help a person to curb their appetite.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that one must eat two portions of fish in a week and two portions of protein rich foods ever day.