Swordfish tastes delicious and also offers a good amount of proteins. It also offers a good number of calories. It can be prepared in different ways and the number of calories varies based on this factor.
One piece of swordfish contains a total of 165 calories out of which 70% of the calories come from proteins and the remaining 30% come from fat. The total fat content in an equal quantity of swordfish is 5.45 grams, protein content in it is 26.93 grams and there is no carbohydrate content in it. 3 oz of swordfish contains 103 calories, 100 grams of swordfish contains 121 calories and 1 Ib of swordfish contains 549 calories.
Baked swordfish tastes scrumptious and is mostly preferred over its other preparations. One ounce of boneless baked swordfish contains 41 calories out of which 56% of these calories come from proteins, 43% calories are obtained from fat and 1% calories come from carbohydrates.
Fried Floured Swordfish is equally scrumptious. However the number of calories in it is higher than that in its baked form because of obvious reasons. One ounce of boneless fried floured swordfish contains a total of 67 calories. Out of these 67 calories 52% of the calories are obtained from fat, 34% calories come from proteins and the remaining 14% calories come from carbohydrates.
Poached or Steamed Swordfish is also well liked. This is especially good for those who avoid high calories but are fond of Swordfish. One ounce of poached or steamed boneless swordfish contains 35 calories out of which 69% of the calories come from proteins and the remaining 31% calories are obtained from fat. The total fat content in an equal serving of steamed swordfish is 1.17 grams and protein content in it is 5.76 grams. There is no carbohydrate content in it.