There are a number of ways in which you may prepare Mackerel. You may bake it, steam it, fry it and prepare it using various other methods. The number of calories in it varies based on the way it is prepared and so does its nutritional value.
2 ounce of boneless Mackerel contains 95 calories. Out of these 95 calories 52% of the calories are obtained from fat, 48% calories come from proteins and none of these is obtained from carbohydrates. In fact the carbohydrate content in it is nil. An equal quantity of boneless Mackerel contains a total fat content of 5.31 grams and protein content of 10.95 grams. 100 grams of boneless Mackerel contains 167 calories.
Canned Mackerel is available in the market and 3 ounces of canned boneless mackerel contains 133 calories. Out of these 133 calories 62% of the calories come from proteins and the remaining 38% calories are obtained from fat. The total fat content in an equal quantity of canned boneless mackerel is 5.36 grams and protein content in it is 19.72 grams. One cubic inch of canned boneless mackerel contains 25 calories, one oz of canned boneless mackerel has 44 calories and 100 grams of canned boneless mackerel has 156 calories.
Broiled or Baked Mackerel tastes scrumptious. Two ounces of baked boneless mackerel contains 126 calories. Out of these 126 calories 57% of the calories come from fat, 42% calories come from proteins and the remaining 1% comes from carbohydrates.
Fried Floured mackerel tastes even better. But the calorie content in it is also quite high in comparison to its other preparations. 3 ounces of boneless fried floured mackerel contains 248 calories out of which 60% of the calories are obtained from fat, 29% of the calories come from proteins and the remaining 11% calories come from carbohydrates.