Gaining weight can be as difficult as losing it. But there is a simple answer to gaining weight and that is by consuming a set number of calories. ‘Gaining weight’ might typically mean building muscle and to build muscle, you must know what to include in your diet. It is important to know how many calories to eat per day in order to gain the desired weight. The following few tips and suggestions might help you to gain weight by eating calories:
- To gain weight, you need to eat a caloric surplus which means that you need to consume more calories than what your body needs and feels like eating. Firstly you need to know what is the average number of calories that your body type needs to consume per day. Then you must try and exceed this calorie count in order to gain the desired weight. This means that you need to have more calories than your body can burn.
- One pound of body weight is approximately equal to 3500 calories. This means that you need to eat an extra 500 calories per day in order to gain one pound in a week’s time.
- In order to gain weight by intake of more calories, what you can do is to take an extra slice of toast of whole grain along with peanut butter at the time of breakfast as this is the most important meal of the entire day.
- Another way to increase the intake of calories so as to gain weight is to prepare your omelet with extra cheese.
- Instead of eating an apple alone, eat it with peanut butter or nut butter.
- Proteins are really good for in taking the extra calorie content and hence you can carry portable protein rich snack items such as protein bars. They are effective in filling up the tummy and can help you gain weight as well.
- You should always consume bigger portions of food items that are starchy or vegetables such as potatoes and sweet corn etc.
- You can increase your calorie intake by adding nutritious beverages such as milk, fresh fruit juices and vegetables juices. These are high on dietary fiber and are really good for the health as well. In fact these items are also low on fat and cholesterol content.
- One thing to keep in mind is to consume a balanced diet and eat full nutrition rich diet.