How Many Calories in Shrimp Cocktail

A number of methods are used to prepare cocktail shrimp. The number of calories in each of these preparations is different and so are the various micronutrients present in these.

Shrimp Cocktail is preferred mostly with cocktail sauce. One shrimp cocktail with cocktail sauce contains a total of 20 calories out of which 55% of the calories come from proteins, 36% come from carbohydrates and the remaining 9% come from fat. The total fat content in an equal serving of this shrimp cocktail combination is 0.18 gram, cholesterol content in it is 29 mg, sodium content in it is 182 mg, potassium content in it is 43 mg, carbohydrate content in it is 1.67 grams and protein content is 2.51 grams. It also contains some amount of vitamin C, calcium and iron. One oz of shrimp cocktail with cocktail sauce contains 24 calories, 100 grams contains 85 calories and 1 cup has a total of 196 calories.


Red Lobster prepares chilled jumbo shrimp cocktail tastes scrumptious. Each serving of chilled jumbo shrimp cocktail available from Red Lobster contains a total of 120 calories of which 63% calories come from proteins, 30% come from carbohydrates and the remaining 7% come from fat.

Kroger’s cooked shrimp cocktail is also very popular. 12 cooked cocktail shrimps contain a total of 80 calories. Out of these 80 calories as many as 89% of the calories come from proteins and the remaining 11% calories come from fat. None of the calories in this shrimp cocktail preparation is obtained from carbohydrates.

Shrimp cocktail sauce is also very tasteful, especially the one available from Trader Joe’s. 2 tablespoon serving of Trader Joe’s shrimp cocktail sauce contains a total of 30 calories and 100% of these calories are obtained from carbohydrates. The total carbohydrate content in this preparation is 7 grams.