Provolone is added to enhance the taste of different food items. Provolone cheese is available from various brands and the number of calories in each of these is different. Below mentioned are the details about the number of calories in provolone available from few of the brands.
One slice of provolone contains a total of 98 calories of which 67% of the calories come from fat, 31% calories come from proteins and the remaining 2% are obtained from carbohydrates. The total fat content in an equal serving of provolone cheese is 7.45 grams, cholesterol content in it is 19 mg, sodium content in it is 245 mg, potassium content in it is 39 mg, carbohydrate content in it is 0.6 gram and protein content in it is 7.16 grams. One cubic inch of provolone contains 60 calories, one oz contains 100 grams, 100 grams contains 351 calories, one cup diced provolone cheese has a total of 463 calories and one package of provolone cheese weighing around 6 oz contains a total of 597 calories.
Wellsley Farm’s provolone cheese slices are quite popular; these are added in sandwiches, rolls and other such food items to boost to their taste. Each slice of Wellsley Farms’ provolone cheese slice contains a total of 80 calories of which 73% of the calories come from fat and the remaining 27% are obtained from proteins. The total fat content in it is 6 grams, protein content in it is 5 grams, cholesterol content is 15 mg and sodium content is 180 mg. There is no carbohydrate content in it.
Dietz & Watson’s provolone is also well liked. One oz of provolone available here contains a total of 100 calories of which 72% of the calories come from fat, 24% come from proteins and the remaining 4% come from carbohydrates. The total fat content in it is 8 grams, protein content is 6 grams and carbohydrate content in it is 1 gram.