The calorie content in a 3 bean salad is based on its method of preparation. A 3 bean salad prepared at home using its standard recipe contains comparatively lesser number of calories than the commercially prepared 3 bean salad as these contain various added ingredients. One third cup of 3 bean salad weighing around 85 grams contains 60 calories out of which maximum number of calories that is 93% of the calories is obtained from carbohydrates and the remaining 7% come from proteins. The total carbohydrate content in it is 13 grams, dietary fiber content is 2 grams, sugar content is 8 grams, protein content is 1 gram, sodium content is 300 mg and potassium content is 90 mg.
Aunt Nellie’s 3 bean salad recipe is also similar to the standard 3 bean salad recipe; it is low in calories and this is the reason why it is quite a popular choice. A one third cup serving of Aunt Nellie’s 3 bean salad contains 60 calories out of which 93% calories come from carbohydrates and 7% calories come from proteins.
Happy Harvest 3 bean salad is quite delicious as well as healthy. Half a cup of Happy Harvest 3 bean salad contains 70 calories out of which 88% calories are obtained from carbohydrates, 12% calories come from proteins and none of it is obtained from fats. The total fat content in it is zero, total carbohydrate content in it is 14 grams and protein content is 2 grams.
3 bean salad is also available in canned form. However, the calorie content in canned 3 bean salad is more in comparison to the freshly prepared 3 bean salad. 100 grams of canned 3 bean salad contains 116 calories and half a cup of canned 3 bean salad contains 150 calories out of which 88% calories are obtained from carbohydrates, 8% calories come from proteins and 4% are obtained from fats.