How Many Calories in a Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing can be prepared in a number of ways. You may fry, bake, broil or steam these based on your taste. Whichever way you prepare chicken wings they taste delicious, however the calorie content and micronutrients in these vary depending upon the method of cooking you choose.

A small chicken wing contains a total of 81 calories out of which 62% of the calories come from fat and the remaining 38% calories are obtained from proteins. The total fat content in an equal serving of chicken wing is 5.4 grams and protein content in it is 7.46 grams. A medium sized chicken wing contains 92 calories, a large sized chicken wing has 124 calories and 100 grams contains 288 calories.

On roasting a small sized chicken wing the calorie content in it increases slightly; a roasted one contains 86 calories. Out of these 86 calories 62% of the calories are obtained from fat and the remaining 38% comes from proteins. The total protein content in it is 7.99 grams and fat content in it is 5.79 grams.

Chicken-Wing-Calories

 A small sized fried chicken wing without giving any coating contains 89 calories out of which 65% of the calories come from fat and the remaining 35% of the calories come from proteins. The total fat content in it is 6.33 grams and protein content in it is 7.56 grams.

A small sized stewed chicken wing contains 84 calories. Out of these 84 calories 62% of the calories come from fat and the remaining 38% calories come from proteins. The total fat content in it is 5.67 grams and protein content in it is 7.68 grams.

On consuming a small sized fried chicken wing that includes coating as well as skin you are likely to take in 137 calories of which 61% of the calories come from fat, 25% calories are obtained from proteins and the remaining 14% calories come from carbohydrates.