Bananas are mostly known for its high calorie content and are mostly grown in tropical countries. In fact, this is one of the biggest fruit grown in the world. The banana comes in various sizes and hence the calories present differ accordingly. There are essentially five sizes of this fruit which helps in understanding how many calories are present in a banana.
- The smallest banana size which is stated to be about five to six inches contains 75 kcal.
- Bananas that are six to seven inches are stated to have around 90 kcal. These are slightly bigger than the smallest banana size.
- A medium banana is said to be at least eight inches long with around 105 kcal. These are popularly found in different tropical countries and are also imported specially to the U.S.
- The large banana which is about nine inches has the calorie content of 120 kcal.
- The largest banana is more than nine inches long which has the highest calorie content of 135 kcal.
Bananas are also popularly recommended by fitness experts for the purposes of muscle and strength building due to its high nutrition value and high calorie content. However, excessive intake of banana can lead to obesity.