How Many Calories in Red Cabbage

Red cabbage which is known to be a good source of vitamin A and C also contains a number of other micronutrients which are good for health. This vegetable also comes with some amount of calories. Red cabbage may be consumed raw as a part of salad or even in its cooked form. You may cook red cabbage using different recipes and the number of calories in it varies based on its form and method of preparation.

One cup chopped red cabbage weighing around 89 grams contains a total of 28 calories. The total fat content in an equal serving of red cabbage is 0.1 gram, sodium content in it is 24 mg, carbohydrate content in it is 6.6 grams, dietary fiber content is 1.9 grams, sugar content is 3.4 grams and protein content in it is 1.3 grams

Red Cabbage Calories.

Red cabbage can be cooked in a variety of ways and the number of calories in it differs based on the way it is cooked. Stir frying red cabbage with onions tastes delicious. Each serving of this red cabbage preparation contains a total of 69.1 calories.

Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill is known to prepare delicious red cabbage. One fourth cup serving of red cabbage available from this brand weighing around 40 grams contains a total of 40 calories. Out of these 40 calories 80% of the calories are obtained from fat and the remaining 20% come from carbohydrates. None of the calories in this red cabbage preparation comes from proteins.

Red cabbage is also liked in its pickled form. One cup of pickled red cabbage contains a total of 226 calories out of which 98% of the calories come from carbohydrates and 2% comes from proteins. The total fat content in it is 0.12 gram, carbohydrate content is 55.67 grams and protein content in it is 0.86 gram.