Radicchio is low in calories and contains good nutritional value. There are various Radicchio preparations that one may opt for and the number of calories in each of these radicchio preparations is different.
One cup of shredded radicchio contains a total of 9 calories. Out of these 9 calories 69% of the calories are obtained from carbohydrates, 22% calories come from proteins and the remaining 9% calories come from fat. There is 0.1 gram of fat content in an equal quantity of radicchio of which 0.024 gram is saturated fat content, 0.044 gram is polyunsaturated fat content and 0.004 gram of monounsaturated fat content.
There are 1.79 grams of carbohydrates and 0.57 gram of proteins in an equal serving of shredded radicchio. One oz of shredded radicchio contains 7 calories, 1 radicchio leaf has 2 calories and 100 grams of radicchio contains a total of 23 calories.
Commercially prepared radicchio is quite popular. The calorie content in various radicchio preparations prepared at different restaurants is different. 10 radicchio leaves available at Tanimura & Antle weighing around 80 grams contains a total of 20 calories. Out of these 20 calories 80% of the calories come from carbohydrates and the remaining 20% calories come from proteins. None of the calories in Tanimura & Antle come from fat. The total carbohydrate content in an equal serving of this radicchio preparation is 4 grams and total protein content in it is 1 gram.
Frieda’s Radicchio is also quite popular. 2 cup serving of Frieda’s Radicchio contains a total of 20 calories. The calorie break up in this Radicchio preparation is the same as that in the Tanimura & Antle Radicchio.
Les Salades du Midi Butter Lettuce & Radicchio available at Trader Joe is also quite popular and is very low in calories. 3 cup serving of Les Salades du Midi Butter Lettuce & Radicchio contains as less as 10 calories. Out of these 10 calories 75% calories come from carbohydrates and the remaining 25% calories come from proteins.