Caramel Candy is a favorite especially amongst children. Though it tastes luscious it is not considered good particularly for those who have sensitive teeth or gums. Apart from the usual caramel candy various other kinds of caramel candies are available in the market. The calorie content and the amount of nutrients in these are mentioned here in detail.
One piece of caramel candy contains a total of 38 calories out of which 7 calories are obtained from fat. The total fat content in an equal sized caramel candy is 0.8 grams, sodium content in it is 24.7 mg, potassium content is 21.6 mg, carbohydrate content is 7.8 grams, sugar content is 6.6 grams and protein content in it is 0.5 grams. It also contains traces of certain essential minerals and vitamins.
100 grams of caramel candy contains a total of 376 calories out of which 69 calories are obtained from fat. The total fat content in an equal quantity of caramel candy is 8.1 grams, sodium content in it is 245 mg, potassium content is 214 mg, carbohydrate content is 77 grams, sugar content is 65.5 grams and protein content in it is 4.6 grams.
Chocolate covered caramel candy is also quite popular because of its delectable taste. One bar of caramel candy covered with chocolate contains 188 calories. Out of these 188 calories around 68% of the calories come from carbohydrates, 27% of the calories come from fat and the remaining 5% calories are obtained from proteins.
Those of you who avoid consuming much of sugar can go for Nips Sugar Free Hard Caramel Candy available from Nestle. Two pieces of this caramel candy weighing around 14 grams contain a total of 60 calories. Out of these 60 calories 78% of the calories are obtained from carbohydrates and the remaining 22% come from fat.