Potato salads are not just healthy salad options but also ones which can truly go with any main dish easily. There are many ways to incorporate potatoes in salads but there are some recipes with which you can just not go wrong. Most potato salads are easy to make and hardly take any time to create or prepare using ingredients easily found in kitchens. If you are looking for easy to make potato salad recipes at home, then you can go through the following top recipes.
Quick Bacon Potato Salad Recipe
This recipe goes well with dinners and is a favourite among many. It is easy to make, quickly to put together and very tasty.
- To make this salad, you first need to place a few potatoes in a large saucepan and cover it with water. Bring this to a boil and then reduce the heat.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 15 minutes till it potatoes are tender and then drain.
- After this, combine the potatoes in a large bowl with onion, bacon and a little bit of parsley.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, ranch salad dressing, mustard, white vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Put the potatoes mixture over and toss to coat all the ingredients.
- Put in the refrigerator for about an hour and then serve chilled.
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
This is yet another popular potato salad recipe that can be easily tried and made at home.
- To make this potato salad, the first thing that you need to do is to place about 5 pounds of small unpeeled red potatoes in a greased baking pan and sprinkle some salt and pepper on top of it.
- Now bake the dish uncovered at 425 degree for about 45 minutes till the potatoes become tender.
- Let the potatoes cool in pan on wire rack.
- Now the next step is to combine, potatoes, 9 hard cooked and chopped eggs, 1 pound sliced bacon, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, onions and pickle in a large bowl.
- In a small size bowl, combine together sour cream, mustard and mayonnaise and then pour over the potatoes mixture and toss hard to coat.
- This recipe results in 20 servings and is a great option for a dinner party of several guests.