Fast foods may taste amazing and may seem really tempting but at the same time, these junk food items can have several adverse effects on the health as well. Fast food is not only cheap but also very convenient and this is one reason why people prefer having it in their busy lives.
The taste of the fries, the burgers and the pizza is something which can be hard to resist. But it is important to understand the kind of adverse effects having fast food on a regular basis can have on your health. The following is a list of the main dangers that are associated with eating excess of fast foods:
- Most of the fast food items are high on the content of sodium as well as cholesterol and both these can be harmful for the health and can also lead to gaining of weight.
- Another danger that is associated with eating excess of fast foods is that most of the fast foods like pizzas, burgers and fries contain very little amount of fiber and also lack on vitamins and other nutrients.
- Fast food consumption, according to the NIH is often associated strongly with insulin resistance. This means that one who eats fast food items on a regular basis and in excess quantities may be more prone to the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Fast food consumption can also lead to obesity and this too is one of the major dangers that it associated with it. Those who eat fast foods twice in a week tend to gain weight at a much faster rate than the others.
- Having unhealthy fast foods in excess can also lead to building up of plaque in the arteries which is thereby responsible for many cardiovascular diseases and even heart failure. Thus one must avoid eating too much of fast food and on a regular basis.
- One third of cancers are related to having poor diet or a diet low in vitamins and other nutrients. This is why fast foods when eaten on a regular basis and in high quantities can pose a great risk to the health.
- Children who consume fast foods regularly may suffer more as compared to the adults and have an increased risk of many health conditions like asthma, hypertension and high cholesterol.
- Lack of nutrition from the fast food consumption can also lead to improper growth and development in kids.